About the blog

Everyone has an opinion... I figure at least a year's worth. This is where I am going to put my opinions down. Most will be about a certain thing (product, place, etc.) and my experience with it.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

OLL Incredible Festival - Thumbs Up

Well I have to admit that this is a review as well as an advertisement.  As a member of OLL Catholic Church I of course want them to have a good Incredible Festival.  Even if I was not a member I would still give a thumbs up. 
The Incredible Festival is this weekend and I would hate for any locals not to know about it.  The fun starts at 5pm on Friday (Sept 9) on the OLL church grounds, goes all day Saturday and then Sunday till 4 or 5pm.  It is in its 32nd year (started the year I was born) and started as a chicken dinner that has now progressed into so much more.  We haven't gone to the State Fair in a few years partly because of the fun of the festival. 
The biggest highlight is the rides, all from the company that does the rides at the State Fair.  We always buy our all day ride wristbands early so we get a deal and the kids can ride to their hearts content.  Even our 3 yr old gets his moneys worth!  Another highlight is the food... you may not find candy bar on a stick or fried alligator but the french fries, egg rolls, beer and other foods can feed you for the whole weekend.  There is a silent auction full of tons of items, a raffle and a lot of entertainment.  Kids can participate in the kiddie parade on Saturday (the theme is favorite cartoon character) and anyone can run/walk the 5k earlier in the morning (Me and the 2 oldest will be for the first time). 
There are other things, you can check out here http://www.incrediblefestival.com/ and http://www.facebook.com/IncredibleFestival
What I like is everything is in the parking lot and the church, making it very managable for anyone to get around.  You can go for a few hours or all 3 days and not have to pay to get in. 
My only bummer is that I have something else for parts of the weekend so I wont get to spend as much time there, but my rest of my family will be able to hang out.  And I just heard the weather should be pretty nice.  So go an enjoy one of the last weekends of the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment