About the blog

Everyone has an opinion... I figure at least a year's worth. This is where I am going to put my opinions down. Most will be about a certain thing (product, place, etc.) and my experience with it.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Help (Movie) - Thumbs Up

I posted this review recently on a couple other sites so I thought I would share it here.  I had a chance to see a sneak peek of the movie "The Help" and could not stop giving it rave reviews.

I read "The Help" last year after multiple recommendations. I agreed with most that it was a great book worthy of a read. So of course I was intrigued when I heard the book was being made into a movie. Could they do the book justice? Well I am happy to say, yes. I couldn't see anything they changed for the movie. Yes they didn't include everything, but what they didn't made sense in relationship to the length of the movie. I give high praise to those that cast the movie. Emma Stone played a convincing, akward Skeeter. Those that played Abilene and Minnie enveloped their role as "the help". Even, the little actress playing Mae Mobily (sp?) seemed perfect for the role. This is pretty much a chick flick... Women rule the movie and account for over 98% of the dialog. But the experiences brought up could be a history lesson for all. I had a teacher once that lived in the south during the time of segregation and she said she had seen a lot of what is shown in the movie. With the PG-13 rating I could see not showing it to younger children, but it actually would be good to show older children and use parts as teaching moments. I have already highly recommended it to others.

1 comment:

  1. I loved the movie as well!! I have the book next in my pile to read. Though it sure is a BIG book!

    ReplyDelete